Veterinary control in Ukraine, Compliance with Non-tariff Regulations
The order of customs clearance and the admission through customs border of Ukraine of the goods under control of veterinary medicine is regulated by following statutory acts:
• The law of Ukraine "On veterinary medicine";
• The order of the Main state inspector of veterinary medicine of Ukraine from December, 27th, 1999 N 49 "On Order of the admission of the cargo under control to service of the state veterinary medicine through frontier of Ukraine";
• The order of the Ministry of agriculture of Ukraine from May, 25th, 1999 N 214 "On functional subsystem of protection of agricultural animals and plants of uniform state system of prevention and reaction to extreme situations of technogenic and natural character".
The state veterinary control - set of the organizational and legal actions directed on observance by legal and physical persons of the legislation on veterinary medicine.
The objects under control of veterinary medicine are:
• Foodstuff of an animal origin - canned food meat, meat and fish, cheese, oil, creams, margarine, fats, dried milk, children's food, sausage products, meat concentrates, etc.;
• Biological, vegetative, chemical, pharmaceutical and other veterinary preparations;
• Grains - fodder, mixed fodders, crops, hay, straw, etc.;
• Products of animal origin - meat and meat products, milk, eggs, egg powder, fish products, honey and other products of beekeeping, blood and bone, combined and live forages for fish, etc.;
• Fodder additives - fibers, amino acids, vitamins, micro-and macrocells, fermental preparations, yeast, fats, etc.;
• Raw materials of animal origin - a skin, a wool, fur, feather, horn, etc.;
• Animals - agricultural, house, for a zoo, laboratory, wild, circus animal and fur animals, house and wild birds, bees, fish, frogs, molluscs, silkworms, other representatives of fauna and biological objects, etc.
The state veterinary control
Regional services of the state veterinary control on frontier and transport are created and operate for the purpose of prevention entering to Ukraine especially dangerous (including quarantine) illnesses of animals, and also illnesses, the general for animals and people.
The admission through customs border of Ukraine of animals, products of animal origin, ready foodstuff, raw materials of animal origin, forages of animal, fodder additives, microorganisms, means of veterinary medicine, and also subjects and materials, which can be carriers of activators of infectious diseases of animals, other cargo under control to service of the state veterinary medicine, is authorised only after passage of the obligatory veterinary control.
Customs clearance of cargo can be finished only after passage of the specified control which is done by experts of regional services of the state veterinary control and customs posts. Thus workplaces of the state inspectors of the veterinary control are in customs areas. Sale of the imported products and raw materials of animal origin, forages for animals is supposed only after carrying out of veterinary examination.
Admission of cargo under control of the State Veterinary Medicine Service
Import, export or transit through territory of Ukraine of production and entrance of vehicles which are subject to the obligatory veterinary control, are carried out in the presence of the documents provided by interstate agreements (veterinary certificates).
The admission through customs border of Ukraine of the cargo under control to service of the state veterinary medicine, is authorised only from the safe countries with presentation of the original of the veterinary certificate of country of origin with obligatory instructions of the concrete addressee and at performance of veterinary requirements concerning import to Ukraine of the cargo under control to service of the state veterinary medicine, after passage of the obligatory veterinary control. Import of control cargo from the countries with which there are no co-ordinated forms of veterinary certificates, is carried out according to veterinary requirements concerning import to Ukraine of the cargo under control to service of the state veterinary medicine.
Import of all kinds of cargo under control to service of the state veterinary medicine, through the third countries as re-export, including the CIS countries is forbidden.
Registration of the cargo under control to service of the state veterinary medicine, in a check point on frontier at import possible only under condition of presence of the original of the veterinary certificate, the sanitary certificate of the country-manufacturer, at performance of veterinary requirements concerning import to Ukraine of the cargo under control to service of the state veterinary medicine.
Thus, the expert of point of the state veterinary control on frontier and transport places a stamp "Unloading and customs clearance under control", a signature and date (on the veterinary certificate, the sanitary certificate, customs declarations, transport waybills). After that the vehicle with cargo can move on territory of Ukraine to customs of arrival.
The point of the state veterinary control has the right to stop when due hereunder or temporarily forbid transportations (moving) of the cargo under control of service of the state veterinary medicine, in case of dangerous situation in the country-exporter, revealing infringements of veterinary requirements, wrong registration of veterinary documents, divergences in them or in case of absence of such documents.
At realisation of the veterinary control in case of revealing of discrepancy of the name of the cargo specified in the foreign veterinary certificate and the actual sanitary certificate, and also discrepancies of characteristics of quality of production of specified to customs body the corresponding certificate, the cargo is subject to returning to the sender.
Copyright. Marketplace UkrRos LLC (http://www.kpl.net.ua). This is only a brief overview of legislative requirements. Recognizing that many complicated factors may be involved in a particular transaction, a legal entity or private person is to consult a suitably qualified professional regarding any specific problem or issue. If you want additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org